Tried and tested tools. Well most of them.
- Cain and Abel
- Pretty stable
- Runs on Windows :(
- HTTPS interception, DNS spoofing
- DNS spoofing
- I haven’t had much success running this
- Seems pretty stable
- Because it’s a framework, extensible
- Easy to setup on Kali
- Swiss army knife python module for all manner low level network packet generation.
- Works. Steep learning curve but once you get your basic functionality working, you will reuse that code in other projects
- Written in java
- Haven’t tried this but looks
- Suppose to support mitm ssh
- Written in python and reusable module
- Wifi Pineapple
- Targeted more towards the wifi pentester
- This is a versatile wifi usb adapter
- TP-Link 5-Port Gigabit Ethernet Web Managed Easy Smart Switch (TL-SG105E v2.0)
- Cheap ($25) network switch with port mirroring
Installation was straight forward, just follow instructions in faq.
Example run, arp spoofing, dns spoofing
$ cd ./.virtualenvs/MITMf/bin/ $ sudo -s # source activate (MITMf) root@kali:/home/user/.virtualenvs/MITMf/bin# cd /home/user/MITMf/ # python mitmf.py -i eth0 --gateway 192.168.1.1 --arp --spoof --target 192.168.1.138 -k --hsts --dns
https://github.com/saironiq/mitmproxy. Collection of mitm scripts, including one for ssh.